Pages

Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year New Work

Hey all, its been a while since I have posted. I have spent the past 3 months working on creating my largest drawings to date, 18" x 24" pieces. I have finally gotten use to working in this size and have started to use multiple shading pencils to push the contrast and tonal values of my work. These pieces are entitled "2 Inches", "Broken Home", and "We Live With Our Decisions". "2 inches" was based on recent conversations I have had with my mother regarding the distance we live from each other and how far we might be apart some day with me moving. This got me to think that at one point, I was no further then 2 inches from her heart while I was in utero. "Broken Home" is a piece about how not all memories of home are happy ones. "We Live With Our Decisions" investigates the idea of the things we do, the decisions we make, affect more than just ourselves but others as well, and the residue guilt that can come with that.


"2 Inches"


"Broken Home"


"We Live With Our Decisions"

No comments:

Post a Comment